Wednesday 4 May 2016

Book Review: The Mortal Instruments Full Series

#BookReviews

I have written review of first book, City of Bones couple of weeks ago, and I planned to write each part individually. However when I was second book I could not stop myself and review each individually. I read them in continuation and here is my review of all 6 books.

The set of six books comprises of:
  1. City of Bones
  2. City of Ashes
  3. City of Glass
  4. City of Fallen Angels
  5. City of Lost Souls
  6. City of Heavenly Fire
And all six are awesome.

To start with story line is brilliant. You will find yourself mesmerized from start to end. It is one of those fantasy worlds that you want to live in, however, given it is full of danger you might don't want to :P. And given it is full of all mystical creatures like Angels, demons, shadowhunters (i.e. part angel, part human), vampires, werewolves, warlocks etc. It makes it even more interesting.

The characters are beautifully woven. The love story of Jace and Clary is just as romantic as it is complicated. You can feel the need for them to be together, sadly that doesn't happen till the end but still. Even the story of Isabel and Simon & Marcus and Alec is wonderful. You don't feel lost anywhere. I really like the whole plot with Simon and all weird stuff. It was crazy...!

The antagonist change after first three books. Valentine was a ruthless villain but Sebastian, the villain of next three books is even worse, pure devil if I might say. You should read to know...

In terms of write up, just like any other author you can see how Clare has matured as a writer in each book. Where first book 'City of Bones' was all haphazard, the last one 'City of Heavenly Fire' was perfectly written.

The only drawback of the book is at place it is stretched. Where you are aching to know what is happening with your beloved characters, the scenic description gets in between. At some places it even got boring for me so I had to read real fast through them, but it was only at a few places.

Overall, it is an awesome read and you would definitely fall in love with one Jace - well I did...

My rating for the book - 4.5/5. I actually miss it a bit ever since I finished it, so I might read it again, bit slower this time. Ha! Ha.

You can grab your copies here:


I hope you enjoy them too.

Love and Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did you find the post? Boring? Interesting?
Please just dont think it, share as well...