Sunday 25 December 2016

Meet Kamini Kusum: Author who touches feminist issues...

#AuthorInterviews
  • Hi Kamini, please tell us something about yourself. 

Ans- I am a management professional by day and a writer by night. Story telling has always been my passion and I intend to do it lifelong

  • You are a writer, professional and a mother of 2, how do you manage?

Its actually difficult but if you crave for something and become restless if you don’t get that, then you design all the ways to achieve it. Passion is always the driving force.

  • Your book revolves around women and their issues. Any specific source of motivation?

All the five characters in my book are inspired by some real life incidences. Story “Madam Bureaucrat” is more or less the life of one my close friend, though a writer’s imagination too has gone along with it. Strong women characters were always there in my mind which had to be brought out to the world.
  • Which part of publishing process is most difficult for you? Writing/Editing/Publishing/Marketing? And Why?

For me, now it is marketing. A new product from a new brand definitely faces difficulty to some extent but that’s fine. I believe in my work and hope it would find its place.
  • What kind of books do you read? Any favourite authors/books?

I read both English and Hindi Novels- anything that touches the emotions. Among Indian writers, I prefer reading Shobha de, Jhumpa Lahiri, Mridula Garg(Hindi), Nirmal Verma(Hindi) and among foreign writers, Danielle Steel, Nicolas Sparks, John Grasim.
Daniale Steel is my favourite and I wish, someday just like her, I could churn out 3-4 novels a year.
  • Traditional vs. Self-Publishing? Which one is better as per you? Why?

My first book “Secrets, sins and struggles” is self published through Zorba Books .I self published because I didn’t want  to wait for ages to bring this work of mine out to the world. Moreover there was greater control in my hands throughout the publishing process. Zorba has been really good. But in future I would look forward to work with good literary agents and established traditional publishers.
  • What were the key challenges that you face while you write? 

 Nothing specific. Stories have always been there in my mind for years and I don’t hunt for words. I don’t add ornamental or fluffy words. I write whatever naturally comes out as a part of storytelling. Yeah, sometimes when I look for twists , I do pause for some days.
  • Are there any words of wisdom that you would like to share with other authors?

I am still a fresher in this industry with my first book just out .I am myself still learning. But one thing I must say, let’s not follow or try to mimic a success. Let’s be ourselves and pen down what we are good in. Success finds its own path and no need to follow the beaten route.
  • Any other projects you are working on? Yes, what are they?

I am midway my next book. That’s an emotional and inspiring novel centered around a male protagonist. Should be out hopefully by the last quarter of 2017.
  • Lastly, if you have to describe your book in few lines, how will you do it?



“Never say die” is the attitude of those five women who fought all the odds in their lives to live their dreams.

I wish Kamini all the very best in her present and future endeavors.

Get to know Kamini here.

Please do leave your comments and if the book intrigued you, do grab a copy from following link:



Love and Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did you find the post? Boring? Interesting?
Please just dont think it, share as well...