Saturday 28 January 2017

Finding my 'smile' again

#MagicOfWarmth  #Smile

Falling in love is easy, but to keep on falling in love is most difficult. 

Life is one big melodrama, isn't it? The more in-depth you think about it the more drama you find in it.

Talking about my life, I met my husband 9 years ago and fell in love with him instantly. I could never believe how someone can be so kind, polite, loving, caring and responsible. He was the perfect man and I didn't miss a moment in making him mine. So, we got married and everything was just perfect - well everything except one thing. Although, we lived alone but we were never alone. We always had a shadow of family. We moved to South Africa and even then the shadow followed. I started hating everything that we had - that was just work and no holidays. We never went anywhere because we had to save money (for family) and we didn't take break because we had to save up holidays to go back to our 'family'.

I started to feel I was losing my smile, my happiness and even my marriage. I saw everything falling apart when one fine day he asked me join him for a long drive. I love long drives but to my utter surprise he took me on a very long drive – 1300 kms to be precise. It was our anniversary week and he planned a whole week out. We both were in same department and somehow he managed to get us both a week's holiday. In whole week he planned a trip of 5 cities, and it was simply blissful. I couldn't believe that he planned everything from hotels to candle-lit dinners and my job was just to cherish each moment. 

As we drove six hours straight I asked him, "Why?" It's not that I was not happy, but it's just that I had never seen this side of him. He was so swamped in work and responsibilities that I had lost touch with the man I fell in love with and that day I saw a glimpse of him. 
He held my hand and replied, "You believe that I don't see how sad you are, but I actually do. I am sorry for neglecting you for so long"

Tears brimmed my eyes at his sentiment. I know he loves me but it was the first time he had shown such sentiment. 

"Happy 3rd anniversary" he continued and gently kissing my hand he pressed hard on accelerator for neither of us could wait to arrive our destination.

Next morning I woke up with a sweet memory of last night and romantic dinner. It was incredible.

"I don't remember when last you woke up with a smile on your face" my husband smiled as he caressed my hair. A feeling of warmth spread through my body as I realized, 'Yes, I too don't remember when I smiled like this before', but in that moment, in my smile, in his smile, I knew - 'I have fallen in love with him, again'

And just like that, we rekindled our love and laughed together into the beautiful morning.



I’m blogging about my #MagicOfWarmth moment at BlogAdda in association with Parachute Advansed Hot Oil




Love and Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did you find the post? Boring? Interesting?
Please just dont think it, share as well...