Monday 1 January 2018

Book: Forever is a Lie - Suspense, Fear, Romance, Sex or Murder... this book has it all.

#BookReviews

Forever Is a Lie by [Chakravorty, Novoneel]



Title:  Forever Is a Lie
Author: Novoneel Chakraborty
Publisher: Penguin 
Pages: 166
Price: Rs. 148
My Rating: 4.5/5

Blurb:

The best thing happened to her... but in the worst way possible...
Prisha Srivastav turned eighteen two months back. Hailing from Faridabad, she studies mass communication in Bengaluru. She meets a mysterious man, double her age, who goes by the name 'the mean monster' in the Bengaluru party circuit. Intrigued, she pursues him and falls for him. However, there's a problem. Prisha doesn't know he kills the one who loves him. Literally.

Review:
"Hmm..." is the first thought that comes to my mind when I think about this book. Forever is a Lie is a masterpiece in itself. Be it suspense, fear, romance, sex or murder... this book has it all.

The story revolves around Prisha and Saveer - both names are pretty attractive - and it pretty simple yet weird. Author has written the book from both perspectives, which makes it even better. The innocence of Prisha, her heartbreak, her falling in love is typical teenage stuff. But the entry of Saveer - his maturity and his 'mean monster' persona makes it more mature. At times you feel irritated with Prisha and her persistence, but I guess that's the beauty of the story. It brings that originality. The character of Saveer is dark and full of suspense. However for me, honestly it was pretty predictable but I still enjoyed it.

The characters are well defined and narrated. Shy and weird Diggy and flimsy Gauri are good value addition to the story. 

I overall liked the story but I didn't like is the elaborate Erotica sections. I hate reading detailed sexual encounters and from the second instance I was forced to skip them.

My overall rating for this story is 4.5/5

Hope you enjoy reading the book too.

Lots of Love




2 comments:

How did you find the post? Boring? Interesting?
Please just dont think it, share as well...