Tuesday 29 March 2016

Goa Diaries #1: Traveling via Sleeper Coach Bus

#Travel  #GoaDiaries

Recently I went to Goa with my dear husband and it was an experience of a lifetime. All those people who have been to Goa will agree with my following sentiment - 'I went to Goa for first time ever and I am sad that I never been there in past 28 years'. [Ha! Ha!]


I want to share so much, about the experiences that I had there and I would like to start with the one I was most skeptical about. Believe me but in my entire life I have traveled via bus only like 4-5 times. When my husband informed me that no trains are available I was worried but many people including him assured me that it would be a fine experience and honestly it was.

Given it was like a twelve hours run from Mumbai to Goa, we took sleeper bus and it was way above my expectations. The moment I stepped in the bus it was like I have stepped in some other world. I had a weird peculiar image for the experience but I could not be more wrong. The bus was very clean and everything was in order. It was quiet and peaceful inside and I could not have asked for more.


If you have traveled via a sleeper bus before than you can relate to what I mean but below are the pros and cons of travelling via bus:

Pros:

  • It is very comfortable
  • Single beds for stags and doubles for couples or people travelling together
  • Curtains for privacy
  • Much better sleeping arrangements in comparison to train. My hubby is suffering from severe back issue for a week and I was exceptionally worried. But the moment I sat on bed my worries faded away
Cons:
  • Availability of washroom. If you have a weak bladder than you might want to skip on water as you can pee only when bus stops
  • Lot of noise and bumps on road. If you are a light sleeper than it can be very painful
Point to note: while booking try to book lower deck and seat closer to driver as it is very bumpy in the end of the bus.


I traveled in two buses in this trip and I admit Purple bus is fantastic. Superior quality stuff and sensible staff. Another I traveled was Siash and it was okay-okay. However but were comfortable.

I hope my post helps.

Love and Cheers.



6 comments:

  1. It's bumpy at the rear end of the bus, otherwise, I think the journey is quite comfortable. Thanks for sharing your experience... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing :)
      I learnt it the hard way, hence decided to share the experience :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. I have also traveled in sleeper buses couple of times, for me it was also a good experience. Thanks for sharing this 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that,
      Only issue with me was bumpy ride else it was good :)
      Cheers

      Delete

How did you find the post? Boring? Interesting?
Please just dont think it, share as well...