Tuesday 5 November 2019

Meet Anu - An author, reader and a teacher in an NGO

#AuthorInterviews

  • Hello, please tell us something about yourself.
I am a published writer written for several anthologies and a reader and learner. I also teach in an NGO.

  • Please tell us something about your book ‘Altitudinis’
This book is a collaborative work. We all were writers with different styles of writing and different wavelengths. But it was a pleasure working with all because everyone was willing to listen to others slash their egos for a larger good. Tireless editing also helped the book into a cohesive whole.



  • What do you do when you are not writing?

I read, I meet friends, I am very interested in our scriptures and the power of mantras.

  • Your book ‘Altitudinis’ is a multi-authored book, what is your contribution in it?
I am a more relationship writer, so my contribution is writing about the ever-changing relationships between some of the characters.  I would not be able to carry a thriller on my shoulders. It’s a genre which I haven’t tried and was so glad to be a part of this. I am always awestruck by writers who can pen thrillers effortlessly.


  • What is the core message of your book? Why should readers pick it up?

The core message of the book is that it takes all kinds of people to make the world but goodness triumphs over evil. It talks of the fragility of human beings, most are prone to make mistakes but to rise above them and own them is also what makes a good human being. Relationships wheels of fortune are not permanent and everyone has a right to find happiness.


  • How is co-authoring a book different from writing a book as a solo author? 
We face all the flak together. And everyone’s strength is my strength too.

  • What are the pros and cons of co-authoring a book?
Seeing this beautiful outcome, I can only see pros hardly any cons.

  • Which aspect of writing is a challenge for you? Writing? Publishing? Or Marketing?

Marketing.

  • What is your favorite quote? The one you apply in your life.

‘We are all broken that’s how the light gets in.’

  • Any words for other authors/writers?

Read, read, read. Read everything -- trash, classics, good and bad, and see how they do it. Just like a carpenter who works as an apprentice and studies the master. Read! You'll absorb it. Then write. If it's good, you'll find out. If it's not, throw it out of the window."
--William Faulkner
  • Define ‘Altitudinis’ in one line from your perspective.
I read somewhere ......We lose ourselves in books. We find ourselves there too.
I lost myself writing this book and I found my self too
My contribution is writing about the ever-changing relationship between the main protagonists






So, do you, my reader friends, have any questions for Anu?
Feel free to let us know.

Also, do grab your copy of this super-exciting book via below links.



Lots of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did you find the post? Boring? Interesting?
Please just dont think it, share as well...