Sunday 19 July 2015

Book Review: Keeping the Promises by Dhruv Gajjar

#KeepingThePromises   #BookReview

Title: Keeping the Promises
Author: Dhruv Gajjar
Publisher: Write India
Pages: 200
Price: Rs. 157
My Rating3.75/5

Blurb:
WORDS are mightier than anything else in this world. Sometimes they serve as liaisons between two distinct hearts, and sometimes they shatter two people irreparably apart. But when they are woven into promises and hopes, they give rise to something that lasts forever. They change lives. I had almost lost myself, when she brought me back to life - with her promises. She was dying with a dreadful tumour, but she had the authority to pull those last strings that brought me back to her. She was gradually dying, and every night before going to sleep - she would take a portion of my heart, my soul and my words. She would take a promise from me every night that made me who I'm today. She gave me a new life. One of those promises was to compile this novel that took me to an eventful journey in which I discovered several people, like me, who too were keeping her promises. What were those amusing, surprising and horrendous promises that they all kept? Who else other than I were bound to her promises? Would she be able to redefine love and sacrifice with her plans? Can grief completely redefine who you are? Can a broken heart be healed? Can you fall in love with the same person all over again? Can you live and die, both at the same time? Be a part of my story, about a girl, who - through her promises, changed the lives of the people she loved, including mine. This is my journey. This is the window of my past, and the view to my future. It is yours now!

My Review:
How I came across the book? The publisher of the book, Write India suggested me the book and requested the book review. I read a bit about it on various sites and finally decided to read it. The reviews all over are very positive for this début novel and now I know why. 
The book has its own charm, while reading you are just lost in the characters. You smile, cry and fall in love with them. You realise the importance of keeping the promises.  It is one of those stories that fill your heart with love and sorrow at the same time. The story basically revolves around Dhruv and M. Dhruv lost his love before but when he meets her again she is about to die. Yes it's heartbreaking and it is written in a way that it actually breaks your heart. When they meet again they spend 11 days together, before M dies. The story is about those 11 days, how Dhruv takes care of her and how she makes sure his life is perfect after her. 
The characters of the story are perfectly woven, you can feel the bond between them. You can feel the love and affection they hold for each other
The plot is interesting and very intense at times. It is partially written in flashbacks. However when we move to flashbacks you take moment to grasp which is a little issue with the book
The cover is beautiful but there are some editing issues in the book but you tend to overlook them as you read through. The story is so engaging and touching that you just don't care.

Overall, I liked it and can easily recommend it everyone.

My rating - 3.75/5

Hope the review helps.
Till then
Take Care

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did you find the post? Boring? Interesting?
Please just dont think it, share as well...